Emergency Management Group – Washington is actively recruiting for volunteers to support the following events. See our Opportunities page for a list of skills desired.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in many changes and uncertainties within the special events community. We will update this page as new information is available as to event schedules and operations.
Membership in EMG-WA is an excellent way to connect with the Seafair Emergency Management Group which provides volunteer emergency management support to Seafair’s signature events each year.
2022 Event Schedule
- Seafair Summer Fourth – Gas Works & Lake Union Park – July 4, 2022
Milk Carton Derby – Green Lake Park – July 16, 2022CANCELLED
- Seafair Triathlon – Lake Sammamish State Park – July 24, 2022
- Torchlight Run – Downtown Seattle – July 30, 2022
- Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade – Downtown Seattle – July 30, 2022
- Seafair Weekend Festival – Genesee Park – August 5-7, 2022
featuring the Boeing Seafair Air Show and HomeStreet Bank Cup
- Seafair Floating Concert – South Lake Union – August 20, 2022 – 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
SPECIAL OLYMPICS OF WASHINGTON – STATE GAMES
EMG-WA provides Risk Management, Consequence Response, Communications, and Operations Center support to Special Olympics of Washington State Games throughout the state of Washington.
Special Olympics Washington is currently evaluating 2022 activities schedule in light of COVID-19 restrictions, please check back for updates.
2022 State Games:
- Spring Games – June 17-19, 2022 – Multiple locations: PLU, JBLM & Federal Way Aquatics., WA (Updated Feb. 25, 2022)
Summer Games – August 2022 – Everett, WACANCELLED
- Fall Games – November 18-20, 2022 – Tri-Cities, WA
2023 State Games:
- Winter Games – March 3-5, 2023 Wenatchee, WA (Updated July 12, 2022)
- More to come!
Please click “Event Interest” button below if you are interested in participation in the above events or need additional information. Please provide your name, contact information, skills, and event selection.
If you are interested in joining EMG-WA, please click on the below link to complete a membership application. You will be contacted by our membership coordinator.