Emergency Management Group – Washington is actively seeking individuals interested in any aspect of emergency management. Depending on the event, we have need for individuals with the following expertise and knowledge:
- Communications – both amateur radio and land mobile radio systems, VOIP and cellular communications; CommTech and CommLead qualified.
- Medical – individuals with EMT and other medical credentials.
- Logistics – skills in managing equipment, supplies, and staffing.
- Planning – ability to gather, analyze, and assemble data into plans and situation reports.
- Operations – good public skills and able to identify hazards.
- Safety – assure safe operations of emergency management personnel.
- Risk Management – investigative or insurance claims experience.
- Training – developing curricula for members and special event producers and Members.
- Information Technology – web site development, Office 365 administration, SharePoint administration, GIS development.
- Outreach – recruiting volunteers; recruiting festivals; securing grants and contracts.
As a volunteer organization, individuals determine the amount of time and energy they commit. We encourage participation by emergency management groups as a part of their on-going training and team building. Participation at all levels is greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in joining EMG-WA, please click on the above link to complete an membership application. You will be contacted by our membership coordinator.